Fitness Made Simple: Squat Thrusts
Everyone knows about simple, straightforward exercises like push-ups and sit-ups. However, to have a shapely and fit looking body you need to go beyond simple exercises and put more muscles to work. Dieting can only take you part of the way to your goal. The rest comes from exercises that burn fat and build strong muscles.
One good exercise that can be easily performed at home by anyone is squat thrusts.
To perform squat thrusts:
- Put your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart, with your legs stretched, just like in the normal push up position.
- From this position, quickly bring both legs forward, underneath your torso, by bending your knees and thrusting forward quickly.
- Then return your legs to the original position using the same quick, powerful movements.
This exercise can also be performed with the following variation:
- Bring your right leg forward, in a position that resembles that of a runner at the start line.
- Thrust both legs simultaneously, the right leg going back and the left leg coming forward to replace the right one.
- Thrust again, bringing the right leg forward and pushing the left leg back, returning to the starting position.
This exercise is works the gluts, the hamstrings and the quads, with some added benefit for the triceps. Be careful not to trip and fall and make sure your hands are stable and firmly keeping your whole body in the correct position.
Perform 15-20 repetitions every workout session and you will be showing some great legs to anyone who cares to look.
Ladies are impressed by men with muscular legs and butts and you do not need me to tell you how men feel about women with good-looking legs.
Remember that exercise must be helped by keeping a close eye on the food you eat. Junk food, sodas and snacks have to go and fruits, vegetables and other nutritional and healthy foods must take their place.
You could also get a huge helping hand from ProShaperx natural weight loss pills. These pills contain Hoodia Gordonii, an African plant that suppresses the feeling of hunger.